Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Milestone



Summer 2005 storm just north of Eston

We hit a mile stone recently. One that needs some serious celebration. I finished the first draft of my thesis.
(insert rapturous fanfare)

It took a lot more work than I figured and more pages to explain (170). Partly because I never anticipated the learning curve and partly because I procrastinate by blogging too much. And it's not over yet, there are still at least two more major revisions to do, but I like editing.
The most surprising part of the endeavor was how it has changed me. A big project is no longer intimidating. It's just big. Intense academics is no longer "over-my-head". It just takes concentration. And doing this one, I know that I can do others. Just knowing that I could if I wanted to is worth something.
So you might be thinking, "I could never do that!" Well join the club. I thought that up until the moment I emailed it off. But most of you could do it. I know it.
So, my dear students, if you are thinking that God might be calling you to more study, and a potential thesis. I say...DO IT! You won't believe how it changes you for the better.

3 comments:

rachel elizabeth said...

you are ever an encouragement and joy! Blessings on you brother!

K said...

Congratulations. I have always respected and admired you! Now that admiration has increased! Also, thank you for the encouragement. I may get through this semester after all!

Colleen McCubbin said...

Well done, Scott.

I'm galvanized.