Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Swamped


Raey at the river.
The water is just above freezing.
Next years RA/SRC rookies can look forward to their own aquatic initiation.

For the last few months my office door looked uninviting. Unfortunately there are six weeks of self-imposed solitude left. Some of you have wondered where I am. Wondered whether I still love you? Well, I'm in there...killing a giant. A Masters thesis is not supposed to be your life's work, but it sure seems to take up your entire life.

Honesty time... I'm scared. You know how busy the next month is at college. I have to defend my thesis mid march, and I am still working on chapter four. That means two chapters to finish and then a mountain of editing and formatting.

Insomniac

There are some nights when
sleep plays coy,
aloof and disdainful.
And all the wiles
that I employ to win
its service to my side
are useless as wounded pride,
and much more painful.

Maya Angelou


Please, Pray for me when you walk by my closed office door.

And, if you want to give me a shot of encouragement, call out with the words that will keep me going..."Francis...It's all worth it... It will help other people...and after you can go fishing!"

2 comments:

Sheri said...

YO Francis ... It really is ALL WORTH IT! and I know that you will be going fishing as soon as it is all over! Cheering you on Scotty! You are a brilliant man, with a beautiful heart!

Blessings to you friend
.:sheri:.

the plaid donkey said...

Scott, you spend your days encouraging and inspiring students of this colledge to succed at their many endevors. Now you are at a moment where you need to recieve some back. Keep at it. You are almost there. Once you're over this last stretch you can get back to spending time with those you love. Press on dear brother! And do not tire of doing this good.